We are recruiting for Exhibition Steward Volunteers!
As our Discover Your High Street project progresses, we are searching for Exhibition Steward Volunteers to assist with monitoring our touring exhibition on event days:
Friday 11th November: Woolwich and Ilford.
Saturday 12th November: Woolwich, Ilford, Leyton and Kingston.
Saturday 19th November: Twickenham and Tooting.
Sunday 20th November: Twickenham, Tooting and South Norwood.
This is an excellent opportunity for volunteers to gain experience in a public-facing role, within an exciting and influential London-wide arts project.
As an Exhibition Steward Volunteer you will:
- Spend a minimum of half a day stewarding your designated borough’s exhibition.
- Assist with set-up or pack-down of the exhibition.
- Monitor the space to ensure that visitors are safe.
- Provide further information if prompted by the public.
- Encourage and assist with participation in our memory sharing engagement activity.
- Distribute our local heritage trails and encourage attendance to our heritage talks.
- Be given opportunities to assist film crew with the filming across the events.
In return you will:
- Be given an introduction and overview of our project.
- Be given an information pack with relevant further information on local history.
- Have opportunities to attend training and events relevant to the project.
- Have necessary travel and refreshment expenses reimbursed.
- Gain an insight into the running of arts, heritage and music events.
- Have a great experience to put on your CV!
It would be great if you:
- Have an interest in local history.
- Enjoy interacting with the public.
- Have a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn.
It would be beneficial if you were available for a short training session during the afternoon of 10th November 2016.
If this sounds like something you’d enjoy, please contact Grace Lindley, Heritage Project Assistant on email@example.com, giving a brief overview of your interests and experience relevant to the role. Please also state your availability on event days listed above. We would love to hear from you!