The Streets is an urban regeneration project using live music to inspire a passion for YOUR high streets. We have brought world class musicians to shops, cafes and social hubs in 7 outer London boroughs, including YOURS, and have already had a big impact on businesses:
- Woolwich McDonald’s reported a 9% increase in sales.
- Wandsworth Oasis reported a post-event increase in charity donations and have since used their shop for other events.
- Route to Juice in Tooting doubled their takings and welcomed many new customers to their shop.
The Streets continues in 2016 and we want YOU to be a part of it.
What's the cost?
The Streets is funded by Arts Council England, local councils and BIDs, and a wide variety of exciting opportunities for businesses are available AT NO COST TO YOU.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
- Host a live Streets performance by high calibre artists.
- Create a bespoke window display using Streets props and materials.
- Create a promotional offer to feature on the Streets website, marketing and local press.
- Programme your own performance or cultural activity to feature on the Streets website.
- Connect with the event by displaying Streets flyers or posters.
- Come and see a performance in your high street FREE OF CHARGE!
BENEFITS FOR YOU
- Performances by extraordinary artists brought to your business with a minimum of fuss.
- Packs containing materials and guidance to creatively upgrade your window display.
- Increased visibility for your business and brand through Streets marketing and local press.
- Specific mention of your business in The Streets flyer that will be widely distributed in your area.
- Inclusion of your business profile on The Streets website.
- Inclusion of any promotions you’re running on The Streets website.
- Raised profile for you and your local area through a national press campaign highlighting the project’s aims. 2015 attracted broad media coverage including BBC radio, Time Out, Metro, the Evening Standard and The Independent.
SEIZE THE DAY
Use The Streets to:
- Engage with your customers in new, creative and fun ways.
- Attract new customers by offering surprising and delightful experiences to them.
- Showcase your USP to the world through imaginative window presentation.
- Create a buzz around your business with cultural activity and promotions.
- Connect and contribute to a big local event and a more vibrant high street.
The more you put in to The Streets, the more you’ll get out of it. Here are some suggestions to get the most from your Streets experience:
- If you’re a restaurant or café, create a Streets menu to accommodate ‘short stay’ customers wanting a snack and drink during the performance.
- Offer discounts or special promotions to customers with a Streets flyer during the event.
- Tell regular customers about what’s going on, get them to spread the word.
- Display Streets flyers and posters in your business and engage with The Streets on social media.
- Use your window display to advertise Streets activity and tie it in to your promotions.
- Motivate your staff by injecting some fun and excitement into day-to-day business
HOW IT WORKS
STEP 1 - If you want to be a part of The Streets email your local producer, details found on our contact page.
STEP 2 - We will contact you to establish how you want to be involved and schedule a visit to your business for further conversation and follow-up.
STEP 3 - If you want to host a live performance, and your business is suitable for this, we will discuss with you the best performance space on your premises and other production issues.
STEP 4 - We will attend your staff meetings, if you wish, and brief staff on how the day will run and how to promote it to the public.
STEP 5 - We will give you Streets flyers and posters and other information on how to engage with Streets social media.
STEP 5 - We will stay in touch during the lead-up to the event and give you a schedule of running times and other important practical information.
STEP 6 - On the day, we will have a small production team running the event – organising the artists and their equipment, introducing the acts, liaising with you and your staff.
WHAT BUSINESSES HAVE SAID
“[From hosting The Streets] we realised how flexible our space is…It gave us the confidence to promote ourselves as a venue and use it for our own events…We are now on the radar as a venue for other events ranging from board meetings to hosting an act during the Wandsworth Fringe Festival.” Wandsworth Oasis charity shop
“Thank you for organising such a splendid event over two fantastic days in Woolwich. It was well received by the locals, with so many turning out and joining in with singing and dancing.” Woolwich McDonald’s
“Thank you very much for bringing the Jazz Café and Tea Dance to the Town Hall, we did indeed see a raise in the day’s takings, it seemed to be a big hit on all aspects.” Redbridge Town Hall catering
“Firstly, I want to say many thanks for arranging such a fantastic event for Tooting and our market. The reaction and energy was wonderful. Everyone had a great time and our traders were really pleased that you were able to attract crowds of visitors in and through the market. I would recommend your project to any market, council, Town Centre, as the results were brilliant.” Tooting Market
“It was amazing to be a part of The Streets. Over the 2 days there was a real buzz in the air with all the activity…We noticed a significant increase in sales on the Saturday…we doubled our takings that day. The workshops also brought lots of new people to our shop who otherwise wouldn’t have known we were here. It was a very busy and lively day.” Route to Juice
WHO ARE THE ARTISTS?
Specific artists will be announced in the spring and summer of 2016. In July we will be bringing:
- A day-long series of vocal performances and workshops by high profile choirs and amateur singing groups to businesses on your high street.
- A spectacular vocal celebration on the high street using a temporary stage as a focal point.
In November, we will be bringing:
- A host of world-class jazz and soul artists to businesses on your high street, to coincide with the EFG London Jazz Festival.